Prospector Sailing Canoe Build

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spent a couple of hours on the project last night, used a Stanley knife to cut out the first panel, although it gives a nice edge that requires no trimming it takes ages and gives you Carpal Tunnel, there is also a chance of slipping and doing the plank some damage (not to mention yourself) so I am going to use a fret or coping saw, or may get a very fine blade for my jigsaw


Note I have used chalk to mark the planks (the template is marked in pencil)

Plank 1 or the bottom plank has a fine point one end and care has to be taken when cutting and handling it


We have had two months rain in a week (hence the GRP grating on the grass in the pics) but the tent has not leaked, even so I have covered my work with plastic just in case, interestingly though a bird crapped on my templates which were on the bench! How it got into and out of a closed tent is a mystery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

View My Stats

member of the Boatbuilding Ring Previous Site Random Site List Sites Next Site